As described in Introducing…, I am on my way to becoming a full time TCK (Third Culture Kid) Advocate, my dream job! So if I’m getting a full time dream job, why do I need support? Because…I’m not actually getting paid for this. By going into this role, I am choosing to be a missionary located here in the States. This means that I need the support and help of people around me. God created us in so many different ways, so there are LOTS of ways that you can partner me as I head into this ministry. Read on if you feel like God is calling you to be a part of this journey with me.
If you don’t feel like you are called to be part of this journey, don’t feel guilty! But please skip to the end of this page to read more about what you can do.
16 for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid more than once when I was in need.17 Not that I desire your gifts; what I desire is that more be credited to your account. 18 …They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God.
– Philippians 4:16-18 (NIV)
Host a Party
Do you enjoy hosting parties? Pick a theme (or not) and invite some friends over! I can provide the “entertainment” by sharing about my own experience as a missionary kid and how God has led me to where I am today. You can host your own event or I can help provide some ideas too. Some ideas of party ideas I can help with:
- AppeThaizers : I can provide a few Thai snacks to munch on while your friends are over
- Worship Time: If you and your friends love good music and love to praise God, let me know and I’ll bring my guitar. We can have a morning or evening of fun and meaningful worship together while I share about what God has done in my life and where He is leading me next.
- Kids time: If you want to share God’s heart for missions with kids, I would be more than happy to help by providing some snacks and helping your kids come to learn about missionary kids. I love kids, and think this would be a great time to have some fun with music, pictures, and stories!
I am in Pennsylvania but may be able to travel depending on the event. If you would be willing to organize a party with me or for me, email Harmony.Niphakis@omfmail.com or fill out the comment form below.
Help me Network
One great way to support me is to help me with networking. You can help me make new connections to share this ministry with and find potential partners by introducing me to people or helping me to find opportunities to speak at events like church services, prayer groups, schools, and any other events that you might find relevant. I am in Pennsylvania but may be able to travel depending on the event. If you would like to help me network, send me an email: Harmony.Niphakis@omfmail.com or fill out the comment form below
I can always use prayer. If you would like to partner with me by praying for me and receiving my prayer letters, you can let me know by listing yourself as a new prayer partner at the following link: www.omf.org/us/partner. Just list “Harmony Niphakis” under “Name of person/family to whom you are committing your support”. Or you can fill out the comment form below
If you don’t want to formally partner with me, but would still like to pray, here are some ideas of things you can pray for:
- Pray that God will give me wisdom as I enter into a full time position helping OMF(U.S.) develop some great resources and standards for the care of missionary kids.
- Pray that God would open many doors of opportunities for me to advocate for the needs of missionary kids and TCKs.
- Pray that God would start working in the hearts of those around me and to bring me people who would be willing to partner with me in this ministry.
- Pray that God would already start preparing volunteers to come alongside me once I am able to start working with our missionary kids.
- Pray that I would raise my full financial support, preferably by September of 2017, so that I can begin this ministry soon.
Sign up for Newsletters
Follow me throughout my journey as I prepare to work with missionary kids by following this blog or signing up for my newsletters. You can sign up for my newsletter, The Alien Advocate, by emailing me at Harmony.Niphakis@omfmail.com or fill out the comment form below. I would be happy to make sure you get on my sending list. Just let me know if you prefer emails or printed newsletters!
Support Me Financially
The only way I can be a part of this ministry is if I raise my salary (including health care). Until I raise the full 100% of my salary, I won’t be able to start my role as a TCK Advocate.
If you would like to know how my financial support progress is doing, I will be updating the progress thermometer below as I receive alerts of these financial pledges. Usually, I am alerted at the beginning of each month of the pledges I received during the previous month.
If you would like to partner with me by supporting me financially, you can do so at the following link: www.omf.org/us/partner. Just list “Harmony Niphakis” under “Name of person/family to whom you are committing your support”. If you would like to give another way, fill out the comment form below.
If you don’t feel like God is calling you to support me in my ministry, I really encourage you to find other ways to support missions! What are you passionate about? Who do YOU know that is in ministry? Supporting a missionary doesn’t always mean giving money. You can support missionaries in LOTS of ways, including the ways I listed above. To learn more about other ways to support missionaries, you can visit https://omf.org/us/6-ways/. Reach out to someone in ministry that you know and pray about whether God is calling you to share your gifts and resources with that person.
If you are interested in scheduling a party, signing up for my newsletters, or finding another way to be involved in this ministry for Missionary Kids, send me a note with your thoughts and I will get back to you as soon as I am able!